HOD Name:Dr. Kate S.A.
Qualification: M.Sc. (Microbiology), DMLT,SET, Ph.D.
Research Reviewer: JJBS & International Journal of Microbiology
Achievements of the Department:
“Blood group and Hemoglobin evaluation” camp was organized by Department of Biotechnology on 9thFebruary2019 at NZT construction site, High court, Aurangabad under the supervision of Dr. Savita A. Kate and Ms. Neha N. Chavan with B.Sc. third year students.
During academic year 2019-20 UG and PG students were visited various industries under the supervision of faculty listed below;
- Vigyan Kendra, Aurangabad on 1st, oct 2019
- ICRiSAT-Hyderabad on 20th Dec, 2019.
- Hedgewar Hospital, pathology laboratory, Aurangabad. On 30/12/2020
- Guest lecture on “Fermentation Technology”, by Mr. PankajKarwande, Director , P.K Solutions and Demeter Agribio Ventures PVT Limited,Pune. Organized by Department.
Achievements of Department:
- Research Paper publication:
In this academic year 4 research papers are published in different journals by faculties & students of department and 4 research papers are under review.
- Rutuja S.Palaskar- Qualified CSIR NET(LS)- AIR 27 in June 2019 and GATE- AIR 855 in February 2020
- Mahesh Kachare- Qualified IIT-JAM and DBT GATE (B) in year 2020.
- VrushabhWaghmare and Mr. Avinash Tupe secure 2nd and 3rd prize in poster presentation in “National conference on -Recent Advances in Science”
- Rutuja S.Palaskar and Miss. Pooja R. Tayade secure 1st and 2nd rank in oral presentation in “National conference on -Recent Advances in Science”.
- Pratiksha Guthe and Miss. Prachi Khandekar secure First prize in “State level Research paper presentation”, organized by IQUAC Shivchhatrapati College Aurangabad held on 21/12/19.
- Mahesh Kachare secure First rank in “State level Science Exhibition (poster)”, organized in Shivchhatrapati College, A’bad held on 21/12/19.
- Students of our department secure Ist, IInd positions in various competitions such as National level Seminaer on Multidisciplinary approaches in Research organized by Dr. Rafiq Zakaria College for Women, Aurangabad., Science quiz organized by Shivchhatrapati College ,Aurangabad.,
University Level Avishkar
- In this academic year, Ms.Rutuja Palasakar, Ms. Nidhi Harkut and Devyani Hire were selected for University level competition from PG category in pure science category.
- Ms. Devyani Hire was secured second position at University Level in pure science category.
Research Paper publication:
- In this academic year 8 research papers are published in journals by faculties & students of department.
- Miss. Pratiksha Guthe, Mahesh Kachre, Supriya Dhage and Namita Kondge participated in” Science Quiz Competition” ORGANIZED BY Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad on 20/12/18.
- Miss. Namita Kondke, Kunal Shahuraje,Harshade Jadav and Supriya Dhage participated in “State level Article competition on value Education” organized by IQUAC Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad held on 22/12/18.
- Miss. Preeti Nikam,Neha Pawar, Mayuri Khandagale, Anjali Tandale has secure prizes in “ State level Research paper presentation comprtition “ organized by IQUAC Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad held on 29/12/18.
- Pranav Kulkarni secured the first prize in A Multidisciplinary State level Poster Competition IN Vivekanand Science collegeAurangabad on 17/01/19.
- Mr.Mahesh Kachare, Miss. Pratiksha Guthe, and Bhushan Aware participated in Workshop organized by IIT Kharagpur held on 20 /01/19 at Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad and secured First,Second and Fifth position in same..
- Pallavi Dongre and Shubham Korde has won first and third prize respectively in National Conference on “ Innovative Research in Sciennce and Technology”. Held at R.B. Attal Arts, Science and Commerce College Georai Tq. Dist. Beed.. on 16th Feb 2019.
- “Blood group and Hemoglobin evaluation” camp was organized by Department of Biotechnology on 9thFebruary2019 at Sankalp construction site, Pisadevi, Aurangabad under the supervision of Mrs. Savita A. Kate and Ms. Neha N. Chavan with B.Sc. third year students.
Industrial Visit / Study Tour/Field Work:
- During academic year 2018-19 UG and PG students were visited Farola water Purification Plant and WALMI Aurangabad, Dr. Hedgewar Rugnalya and Mapro food Pvt. Ltd.,Shendurjane Wai under the supervision of Faculty members.
- Guest lecture on “Nanotechnology-emerging science”, by Dr. Bhaskar Sathe, Assistant Professor , Department of Chemistry has organized by Department.