HOD Name:Dr. Kate S.A.
Qualification: M.Sc. (Microbiology), DMLT,SET, Ph.D.
Achievements of the Department:
University Level Avishkar
- In this academic year, Ms.Rutuja Palasakar, Ms. Nidhi Harkut and Devyani Hire were selected for University level competition from PG category in pure science category.
- Ms. Devyani Hire was secured second position at University Level in pure science category.
Research Paper publication:
- In this academic year 8 research papers are published in journals by faculties & students of department.
- Miss. Pratiksha Guthe, Mahesh Kachre, Supriya Dhage and Namita Kondge participated in” Science Quiz Competition” ORGANIZED BY Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad on 20/12/18.
- Miss. Namita Kondke, Kunal Shahuraje,Harshade Jadav and Supriya Dhage participated in “State level Article competition on value Education” organized by IQUAC Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad held on 22/12/18.
- Miss. Preeti Nikam,Neha Pawar, Mayuri Khandagale, Anjali Tandale has secure prizes in “ State level Research paper presentation comprtition “ organized by IQUAC Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad held on 29/12/18.
- Pranav Kulkarni secured the first prize in A Multidisciplinary State level Poster Competition IN Vivekanand Science collegeAurangabad on 17/01/19.
- Mr.Mahesh Kachare, Miss. Pratiksha Guthe, and Bhushan Aware participated in Workshop organized by IIT Kharagpur held on 20 /01/19 at Shivchhatrapati college Aurangabad and secured First,Second and Fifth position in same..
- Pallavi Dongre and Shubham Korde has won first and third prize respectively in National Conference on “ Innovative Research in Sciennce and Technology”. Held at R.B. Attal Arts, Science and Commerce College Georai Tq. Dist. Beed.. on 16th Feb 2019.
- “Blood group and Hemoglobin evaluation” camp was organized by Department of Biotechnology on 9thFebruary2019 at Sankalp construction site, Pisadevi, Aurangabad under the supervision of Mrs. Savita A. Kate and Ms. Neha N. Chavan with B.Sc. third year students.
Industrial Visit / Study Tour/Field Work:
- During academic year 2018-19 UG and PG students were visited Farola water Purification Plant and WALMI Aurangabad, Dr. Hedgewar Rugnalya and Mapro food Pvt. Ltd.,Shendurjane Wai under the supervision of Faculty members.
- Guest lecture on “Nanotechnology-emerging science”, by Dr. Bhaskar Sathe, Assistant Professor , Department of Chemistry has organized by Department.